He who threw himself into the river shall take puro himself the house of his accuser 2. If a man charge verso man with sorcery, and cannot prove it, he who is charged with sorcery shall go to the river, into the river he shall throw himself and if the river overcome him, his accuser
2. If a man charge verso man with sorcery, and cannot prove it, he who is charged with sorcery shall go to the river, into the river he shall throw himself and if the river overcome him, his accuser shall take sicuro himself his house (estate). If the river spettacolo that man esatto be innocent and he come forth unharmed, he who charged him with sorcery shall be put puro death.
3. If a man, per per case (pending judgment), bear false (threatening) witness, or do not establish the testimony that he has given, if that case be per case involving life, that man shall be put puro death.
5. If verso judge pronounce a judgment, render a decision, deliver verso verdict duly signed and sealed and afterward alter his judgment, they shall call that judge esatto account for the alteration of the judgment which he had pronounced, and he shall pay twelve-fold the penalty which was durante said judgment; and, con the assembly, they shall expel him from his seat of judgment, and he shall not return, and with the judges in a case he shall not take his seat.
6. If verso man steal the property of a god (temple) or palace, that man shall be put sicuro death; and he who receives from his hand the stolen (property) shall also be put puro death.
If per man (per verso case) bear witness for grain or money (as a bribe), he shall himself bear the penalty imposed in that case
7. If per man purchase silver or gold, manservant or maid servant, ox, sheep or ass, or anything else from a man’s affranchit, or per man’s servant without witnesses or contracts, or if he receive (the same) sopra prerogativa, that man shall be put onesto death as per thief.
8. If per man steal ox or sheep, ass or pig, or boat-if it be from a god (temple) or per palace, he shall restore thirtyfold; if it be from a freeman, he shall render tenfold. If the thief have nothing wherewith to pay he shall be put onesto death.
9. If a man, who has lost anything, find that which was lost sopra the possession of (another) man; and the man in whose possession the lost property is found say: “It was sold sicuro me. I purchased it durante the presence of witnesses:” and the owner of the lost property say: “I will bring witnesses to identify my lost property”: if the purchaser produce the seller who has sold it to him and the witnesses in whose presence he purchased it, and the owner of the lost property produce witnesses esatto identify his lost property, the judges shall consider their evidence. The witnesses sopra whose presence the purchase was made and the witnesses sicuro identify the lost property shall give their testimony mediante the presence of god. The seller shall be put sicuro death as verso thief; the owner of the lost property shall recover his loss; the purchaser shall recover from the caldo of the seller the money which he paid out.
If verso man bring an accusation against a man, and charge him with verso (capital) crime, but cannot prove it, he, the accuser, shall be put esatto death
10. If the purchaser do not produce the seller who sold it to him, and the witnesses per whose presence he purchased it (and) if the owner of the lost property produce witnesses preciso identify his lost property, the purchaser shall be put esatto death as per thief; the owner of the lost property shall recover his loss.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *